Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thank You Neil Peart

I know he will never read this but...
Over the past couple of years I started reading as enjoyment and to pass time on breaks at work. I always hear that Neil Peart wrote books so, I picked up one "Ghost Rider" the road to healing. Oh my he puts you right next to him in his travels. Its not a book about drums or drumming ( I know he has written a few as well).
For Christmas I asked for "Roadshow" another one from him this one about his travels on the bands "R30" tour across the U.S.A. and Europe. This man is a master of words and keeping you up to date on his emotions. I am going to work on reading more of his books and over the course of reading his books I've come to really like RUSH, not that I didn't like them before I now appreciate them more and him more as a human than a untouchable "Rockstar".
I would urge anyone to pick up a copy a try it on for size. He is truly a master of more than just drums, he is a master of written word.
Again Thank You Mr. Peart! I am a true fan of all of your work. I look forward to reading more for him(you, if you by any chance read this).
Matt

No comments: