Monday, March 23, 2009

What I've been up to......

This may take a while on what I've been up to. So I'll start it out by saying the last week of January a bunch of us were laidoff from Delphi. We saw it coming just wondering when it was going to happen. But Jan. 23rd was my last day there.(for the time being!) I'll explain We were Indefinatly laidoff they took our badges and told us they would call if we are needed back. As a Union shop it's an easy thing to understand when you in the system but outsiders wouldn't. So here I sit almost 8 weeks not working but getting 95% of my pay, nice deal huh?
Since I have been out a group of us that got laidoff together have ad lunch to catch up. Kind of a nice thing to have some friends that have gone through the same as you and understand whats going on. Seems now Chrissy and I have more money then whan I was working whats up with that? As I stay home and clean and take the dogs out and read and watch TV,I lose IQ points and people skills, I feel I dont know how to talk to people outside my little group. Ugh!
The band is going well we have found a new singer/guitarist and should be playing out soon. It is such a great thing to have someone who knows what is up. Shaun is our new singer/guitarist is a breath of fresh air. Easy to work and get along with.
Chrissy and I are going to see our good friends in North Carolina in June. Just a mini vacation.
More to come....

No comments: